Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pow Pow Power Tools

I clicked on some of the tools in the toolbox and became completely enamored of Stumple Upon. I stumpled upon all kinds of great links, i.e. Fail blog (which featured the Best Man Fail that was on yahoo's home page recently), and an adorable slideshow that uses phrases like "room temperature IQ" to urge shorn-faced men to grow beards (don't do it!). Stumple Upon is like Pandora for interesting websites. How dangerous that I have access to this at work....
Also noteworthy is gmail, which I clicked on because a lot of my friends have gmail accounts that they praise regularly. I was curious to see what made gmail an improvement over yahoo, which is what I have, and then I read this music to every email packrat's eyes: "over [colossal, increasing number] megabytes of free storage so you'll never need to delete another message." Never?! I haven't deleted an email from my yahoo account yet, but I will remember this if I ever have to. You never know when you'll want to read what you were talking about this time last year.

No comments: